Saturday 22 July 2017

Getting to know ...

Each month one of our team will either introduce themselves and their lovely work to you with a few questions and answers or alternatively inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your creative pursuits.

This month we introduce ...

Australia


Hi Scrap Friends,

As part of my DT role with White with ..1 I'm on the blog today sharing a little about myself and a little peek into my scrapping space!

Please enjoy and of course, feedback is always welcome!

***

How would you describe your personal scrapbooking style?

I describe my style as PPM: Paper + medium - I'm not truly mixed media but my layouts will almost always include some medium, ie acrylic paint, texture paste, sprays/mists, inks and Distress Crayons.

How long have you been scrapbooking and what first got you started?

My mum was a Creative Memories consultant 15+ years ago - I started then. I took a break for marriage and babies but came back and joined the digital world in 2014.


Which colour are you drawn to the most and do you know why? 

It fluctuates regular, I've recently been through stages of yellow followed by a stage where I created a lot in turquoise/aqua. I'm definitely drawn to brights. I really struggle with neutrals and pastels.

Typically how many photos do you put on your layout? 

Typically one or two. The creative process for me is an artistic release with the bonus of being a memory recorded so I'm drawn to layouts with one to two photos and a pleasing balance of white space and creativity.


What crafting tool can’t you live without?

Probably my Scotch ATG - It's big and bulky but it seriously saves so much time because you don't have to peel the backing off the adhesive! LOL 

If you could only add only one embellishment to your page what would it be? 

Probably stickers - They are so versatile, backgrounds, titles, embellishing - so many uses.

*** 

I love to look at other peoples craft rooms, so I thought I'd share a peek into mine ...

I've given you the real version of my space - toy cars and all!











Late last year, I also did a video tour of my craft space.

Here's the video, if you'd prefer a live view.

(About 5 minutes in the tour starts :)

I hope you enjoyed the peek into my space.


Thanks for visiting.


You still have time until the end of the month to upload your take on our LAVENDER LANE challenge.

All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our wonderful colour this month.

No comments: